Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Crocheted Hangers and Four Wheeler Rides

If the title didn't clue you in, this will kind of be all over the place.

First and foremost, happy birthday to Maddox! One of my good friends, Stephanie, gave birth (after a looong wait) today and I cannot wait to see her and the baby tomorrow! I've known Stephanie since middle school and I'm so happy that she became a mom today.

I didn't head out for my run until sorta late this evening. When I'm out here in the country, I really prefer running in the evening. It's cool, the frogs and crickets are coming out, the sun is setting...it just makes for a lovely run.

The only problem is that dark comes shortly after evening (you'd think I'd catch onto that) and I end up at my grandma's house after only 1 mile with no visible path home. (I was glad I came when I did though because my 83-year-old grandma was teetering on a step stool trying to disarm the low-battery-beeping of the smoke detector with a butter knife. My grandma is in better shape and a better engineer than at least 80 percent of the people I know, but that was a tricky battery to remove, even for me.)

Besides the satisfaction of taking out the batteries fixing the smoke detector and visiting with my grandma, there was even another reward: my newest set of Aunt Mabel crocheted hangers!


Hate away, but I love these things. I've previously received these from my Great Aunt Mabel at graduations and my bridal shower (while watching my jealous friends snicker in the background) and they are actually really useful for tank tops and dresses and whatnot.

The really cherry on the top of all this excitement, however, was getting to hitch a ride back home with my dad. I haven't ridden on my spot on the back of the four wheeler (backwards, legs hanging off the back, warm from the exhaust) in a long time. It's funny how something like that can instantly make you feel 7 years old again.

All in all, obviously, I had a very productive run. Let's hope all this goofing around doesn't bite me when I go for 11 miles on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. I love all cute crocheted things possible. I think those cute old-lady things are just sweet. I definitely don't hate.

    ReplyDelete