This is what it boils down to:
- I didn't run yesterday, for a variety of reasons.
- After a lot of reflection I have decided it's really, really difficult for me to complete this in a semi-practical way.
- The last time I tried this I was living alone. I could be as unpractical as I wanted. I ran at least one mile daily for 275 days in a row. Sometimes ridiculously early, sometimes ridiculously late, sometimes in ridiculous situations. It added up to 500.5 miles over the course of almost 9 months. I just forgot to run on the 276th day until after midnight and the rule was before midnight. So, I quit.
- I really don't want to quit this time just because I missed one day.
- I really don't want to start over and lose two months of running just because I missed one day.