Monday, March 28, 2011
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Monday, March 21, 2011
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
- After 12 fabulous miles Saturday, running during this week has been a total FAIL. It's funny how it works like that.
- Girls on the Run started last week and I'm in love with my team of 25 little runners! There are 3 other teachers coaching with me and we have such a good balance of personalities and strengths. I could ramble on, but it really deserves its own post.
- Times just got posted from the 10K (the second half of my Saturday run) and I'm thrilled that my official time was: 59:29.2! Garmin told me I didn't quite make it under an hour, but I'll take the shorter time. : )
- I recently found out a friend from my church is running the half marathon at New River where I'm running the marathon, which is completely amazing and random since the race is almost 5 hours away.
- You think this is a scattered brain dump? I'm contemplating a "100 facts" list if I hit 100 followers. (Really, how have you made it this far without learning that my favorite childhood sandwich was peanut butter and Rice Krispies or that I once accidentally drove a hitchhiker from one crackhouse to another in the middle of the night?!)
- EVERYBODY is having babies lately. Congratulations tonight to Jonathan (my childhood friend who I always wished was my big brother) and his wife Brittany as they just now welcomed their baby girl into the world!
- It's time to welcome Jillian Michaels back into my life. Oh, and not eating like it's my last meal- every. single. meal. I lost 10 pounds last fall without trying at all (due to crazy, constant stress over a million things and not having a minute to breathe) and since then have gained each pound back. Frustrating.
- Planning the Farmers Market Run has been so, so, so much easier this year since it's the second year. I've GOT to block off some time for my least favorite part of the process though- fundraising. Luckily, businesses here have been very supportive and we don't have a lot of costs to worry about. Even when I know someone's going to say yes, even when it's for a great cause, I still don't like asking people for money.
- How did I ever train before my Garmin? That's a whole 'nother post too.
- It's Lent. I used to give something up every year and was thinking about doing so this year, but our preacher urged us to instead take something up that would bring us closer to God. I'm spending more time in prayer.
- And with that, I probably need to put the laptop up for the night.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
- 12 miles a covered,
- 11 turkeys a waddling,
- 10 horses grazing,
- 9 deer a leaping,
- 8 barn cats meowing,
- 7 hundred birds a singing,
- 6.2 miles a racing,
- 5 dozen cows,
- 4 water stations,
- 3 chocolate GUs,
- 2 hundred runners,
- and a tired, happy girl at the end.
I couldn't really figure out how to integrate the manure puddle I stepped in, the 2nd place age group awards my sister and I brought home, and the blood my sister coughed up. (She's fine- just finishing strong.) It was a great day! : )
Explanation of this randomness: I ran 5.8 miles by myself early this morning and then went to town with my mom and sister to run a 10K at 9 am. Even it wasn't 12 miles continously, it's just going to have to count. Building up to 14 next week!
Monday, March 7, 2011
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Thursday, March 3, 2011
- I'm still a little sick. I have most of my energy back and all that, but I'm just still congested and gross and completely tired of it. It's made me really hesitant to run because I don't want a big setback like last week.
- Getting all the forms and payments and everything in for Girls on the Run was kind of a nightmare. A self-inflicted nightmare because I didn't enforce the deadlines I set for things to be turned in, but I COULD NOT turn down any girl that wanted to run. Just wasn't possible. I'm so ridiculously excited about this program that I sometimes tear up just thinking about it. (Practice starts Tuesday so I will give an update soon.)
- I think I've got the grad school version of senioritis. I really can't complain at all because I only have one class (compared to the ridiculousness of taking 9 hours of class while working full time last semester) and have loved my program, but I'm just ready to get "masters" checked off my list.
- On Thursday, our curriculum director brought some teachers from other schools to watch our fourth grade team. I can teach away in front of 26 kids all day, but it's nerve wracking to have adults in the room!
- I'm going to blame my stress over that observation for my complete and utter FAIL Thursday afternoon. I completely forgot about a meeting. That I was leading. Like, as in, people showed up and I wasn't there. I was mortified. Luckily, only a few people were there and they were all very understanding. I'm going to file this under "happens only once in a lifetime."
- As mentioned, Girls on the Run starts Tuesday!
- Nothing out of the ordinary schedule at school for weeks and weeks! (Yes, I'm even glad for no holidays. We need just some routine 5 day weeks!)
- Marathon training will hopefully be back on schedule.
- Planning has begun for the second annual Farmers Market Run!