So, bigger news than any I have first....my good friend and fellow blogger, Stephanie, became a mother of two on Monday!
I can't wait until I get to meet baby Emma. Stephanie is such a great mom and it's so exciting that she now has two children under two!
Following that, nothing I've got is all that momentous. It's just been a crazy week.
- I'm still a little sick. I have most of my energy back and all that, but I'm just still congested and gross and completely tired of it. It's made me really hesitant to run because I don't want a big setback like last week.
- Getting all the forms and payments and everything in for Girls on the Run was kind of a nightmare. A self-inflicted nightmare because I didn't enforce the deadlines I set for things to be turned in, but I COULD NOT turn down any girl that wanted to run. Just wasn't possible. I'm so ridiculously excited about this program that I sometimes tear up just thinking about it. (Practice starts Tuesday so I will give an update soon.)
- I think I've got the grad school version of senioritis. I really can't complain at all because I only have one class (compared to the ridiculousness of taking 9 hours of class while working full time last semester) and have loved my program, but I'm just ready to get "masters" checked off my list.
- On Thursday, our curriculum director brought some teachers from other schools to watch our fourth grade team. I can teach away in front of 26 kids all day, but it's nerve wracking to have adults in the room!
- I'm going to blame my stress over that observation for my complete and utter FAIL Thursday afternoon. I completely forgot about a meeting. That I was leading. Like, as in, people showed up and I wasn't there. I was mortified. Luckily, only a few people were there and they were all very understanding. I'm going to file this under "happens only once in a lifetime."
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the rest of March!
- As mentioned, Girls on the Run starts Tuesday!
- Nothing out of the ordinary schedule at school for weeks and weeks! (Yes, I'm even glad for no holidays. We need just some routine 5 day weeks!)
- Marathon training will hopefully be back on schedule.
- Planning has begun for the second annual Farmers Market Run!
I'm going to see if my slightly congested self can get through 10 miles tomorrow morning. Be thinking of me!