Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rain Check


So, about 0.78 miles into my 10 mile run, the rain clouds I thought (in all my meteorologic wisdom) were moving away, rolled in. Big time. Luckily, I was running by a strip mall at the time and was able to duck under the awning and clock a quarter of a mile running back and forth between the pay phone and the FedEx box. Hence the "being the crazy running lady" tag.

Well, it transitioned from a torrential down pour to just a steady sprinkle and I thought I could stick it out. And I really think I could of if a) I wasn't still a little sick, b) it was 80 degrees instead of 60, c) my husband didn't know I was out in this mess, d) the wind was blowing, and e) I wasn't encumbered with my iPod and Garmin which I would devastated to lose due to something as preventable as water damage.

As it was, I realized at less than 2 miles that this wasn't such a hot idea and headed home.

Check back with me tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I don't do well in the rain. I melt, I swear. It's cuz I am so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete