Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Small Town Running

I have loved the different terrians I have run over the years. I've ran through the pastures of the farm where I grew up, around college towns, up mountain trails, in and out of the streets of Spain and France, on beaches of three different coasts. It's a wonderful way to explore.

I've grown to love small town running now, too. It's nice to stop by Grandma's in the middle of a run to check on her and hear an old story I've never heard before. I enjoy being honked at by people I know instead of strangers who like my running skirt. I even like interrupting my run to walk with someone I know from church and her dog.

Maybe my runs would be more intense somewhere else. : )



No comments:

Post a Comment