Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So I was wrong...just twice!

It has been a busy few weeks with end of grade testing, a new kitten, the start of my grad classes, the final demise of my husband's car, and the purchase of a new (to us) car. Today, marks two more accomplishments: my new laptop and my first mowing of the lawn! I'm absolutely, over-the-moon, excited about a fully functioning computer that has all the features I need for my classes (and constant facebook stalking, too).

I was absolutely sure that there was no place in this county I could buy the computer I needed, but it was killing my husband to imagine me boosting some other county's tax revenue by making such a large purchase elsewhere. I was very surprised, however, to find the exact laptop I needed at the local Wal-Mart! (This is the ONLY time in my life I've felt less guilty to shop at the place my mom refers to as "Satan's Castle." My husband is really big on shopping locally instead of spending our money in big cities outside of our county
. So I guess it was the lesser of two evils today.)

I was proven incorrect about one other minor issue today. I've not really been giving much credit to my husband for lawn work. Since I handle EVERYTHING inside, I didn't think our small lawn was much trouble. I mowed today. With a push mower. (This was the first time I've ever used a push mower in my life. I had come in three times to google things like
"how to start push mower" and "is it normal for mower to blow smoke?") I learned that our lawn is not small. Our lawn is not medium. Our lawn is H.U.G.E. It took me 2.5 hours! So I'm a little bit grateful it's not normally on my chore list.

So, naturally, after my 2.5 hour mowing workout, I didn't really get in much of a run. Didn't I say once I didn't like lame excuses? Oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment