Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

So, I read in "Woman's Day"...

I feel like a 41 year old mom starting an exercise program from "Woman's Day" magazine when I walk instead of run. I don't walk very often. My husband volunteered to come with me if I walked (and left my brand new iPod) behind and I was thrilled enough to agree.

Then, after a lovely 3 mile walk (which, ironically, is actually a good quad workout for me because I have to take huge strides to keep up with him), I grabbed my iPod and dashed out into the dark! It was so refreshing to break out and run that I made record time around my mile loop.

I realize my mileage is still pathetic, but I'm starting to feel like a runner again. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment