Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

What's Next

This has been a crazy week at work just trying to get caught up...caught up from being gone for two days and just caught up in general. My house (more specifically the 4 overflowing loads of clean laundry that need folding and the kitchen I just trashed) need some catching up, too.

I keep feeling another familiar guilty twinge saying, "I should be exercising..." but I'm cheerfully shutting down that thought for the rest of the week in the name of recovery. On Sunday, I'm restarting Jillian Michael's Making the Cut. So far I've made it to Day 3 about eight times, but never further. Which is pretty pathetic. Since I'm not training for any runs (or currently participating in any obsessive running goals), however, I think I can actually make it through the 30 days.

If I stick to it, I'll be finishing the day before Thanksgiving, which I think is a pretty symbolic goal. I'm very happy about the little bit of weight I lost last month running, but the marathon pictures confirmed again for me that I definitely have farther to go. I think it would be really good for me to have a deadline and goal for before the holidays so I will have some motivation not to put on weight during the winter.

(Several years ago, I had this great idea that for the whole month of December, I would just be guilt-free about food...I was running, it was Christmas...it'd be okay, right? Not ironically, a few weeks into that following January I was just sitting at my desk in my dorm room when my jeans spontaneously split open at my thigh.

Not at the seam.

I could explain away that with faulty sewing or something. It was the very fabric ripped open by my expanding leg.


The pants just gave up.

If you witness something like that, it is burned onto your retinas forever.)

You see why I need to lose some weight before December?

By the way, I completely stole this whole idea from Meredith, who I completely envy in her whole balanced approach to life. She has been giving me tips. : )

3 comments:

  1. You are so sweet! You can do a lot in 5 weeks! I want to do Making the Cut... perhaps after Christmas. Be sure to give a review when you're done! :)

    And I don't care what you say, I want to see marathon pictures! You ran a freaking marathon, be proud! You did an amazing thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I really hope I that I'm wrong but I think I failed to tell you how amazing you did on your marathon!!! I loved that we were running the same weekend and I was thinking of my blog friends and their races as my miles went by! I am also doing the shred as a post-running workout for the next 30 days, started yesterday! Great minds think alike, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to drop a few lbs by 11/22--we can do it!!

    ReplyDelete