Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Advice, Please!

It's officially less than a week until the marathon! I'm very excited about the race and seeing my family. We are flying to Iowa on Friday and spending a few days with my grandparents (who I haven't seen in two years) and some other cousins/aunts/uncles on my mom's side of the family.

I know this will be a hectic week trying to get everything ready to be gone for a 4 day weekend. I'm going to try to get in a few short, easy runs, eat healthy, and drink water, water, water! Any last minute advice from marathoners on what I should be doing this last week?

I'll also accept just life-in-general advice from anybody who wants to chime in as well. I'm kind of feeling like I need a lot of that too. : )

5 comments:

  1. Rest as much as you possibly can. Don't replace running with long walks and late nights :) Eat healthy, but plenty, and like you say, water water water.

    Do the things that make you feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No advice, just well wishes! Good luck! I am sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I've been reading (stalking) you for the past couple of months and don't think I've ever commented. So here we go. No, I've never run a marathon. It's one of my goals to run one, I just can't pick which one. Hubs ran a marathon, back when he wasn't a runner, he just wanted to get back to Disney World. Anyway, I don't think I've ever been as proud of him. What a test of endurance. Any one who runs a marathon is a hero to me..... run, on girl! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck! I will be thinking about you & cheering you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. get extra sleep - drink lots of water and don't go NUTS with carbs, esp the night before :)

    ReplyDelete