Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Big Excitement!

Okay, technically, this probably isn't big excitement to anybody but me, but...

I've kind of been here and there with my blogging and running and everything else lately. It's late summer when I get kind of panicky trying to decide how to spend my last couple weeks of freedom- Finish all those projects I'm supposed to be working on? Get ready for the coming school year? Just relax and save up my energy for back-to-school? (Obviously, when I take two seconds to think about it though, I remind myself just to be completely grateful that I have this time at all.)

I'm excited to announce though that as of last night, I'm feeling a lot more confident of the direction that things are going! I just found out that I've been "promoted" ("promoted" instead of just promoted because it's not a pay raise) to a position where I'll get to help teachers and plan curriculum instead of having my own classroom. It's a little bittersweet because I won't be at the same school (where I love the community, the kids, and everyone I work with) and part of me will really miss having my own classroom of "babies." I'm really, really thrilled though about getting to help other teachers with their teaching and technology and about being in more of a professional role. This also puts me in a better position to expand Girls on the Run in our county and I will probably be coaching two Girls on Track (middle school girls) programs this year!

The big question for the blog, of course, is: What effect will this have on my running?!

I'll keep you informed!

4 comments:

  1. That is exciting! I'll have to hear all the details soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Curriculum planning is hard work but I do realize it is the golden nugget for educators! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Lookig forward to hearing the details.

    ReplyDelete