Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Knee Pain Suggestions?

A couple of weeks ago, before summer break and the re-start of my running career, I started having some little twinges of pain in my left knee. The first time I noticed it was in the pool, teaching a swim lesson when I was treading water.

Since then, it hurts when I bend my knee all the way, put weight on my bent knee, or rotate my knee. It's not a bad pain, more like a twinge, but I've been noticing it several times a day.

The weird thing is that it has nothing to do with running. Doesn't bother me when I run or walk and doesn't hurt more later.

Sooo.....what do I do? Usually my knee pain solution is to stop running and stay off it for a couple weeks, but that doesn't make sense in this case because it wasn't brought on by running.

The pain is so minor that that's not really the issue- just the fear that I'm messing up my knee. Anybody had a similar event or any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. That's really weird that it doesn't hurt when you run. The only knee pain I've ever experienced is due to running and I just ice.ice.ice several times a day when it gets bad. Sorry I'm not much help! One suggestion I received from a couple other sources was to strength train. I never did, but in theory it made sense to me that building my leg muscles might decrease my knee issues. You could look into that perhaps? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete