Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ready to Run

For the first time in a long time, I got a real urge to run today! We had a teacher workday today and I was still piddling around in my classroom at 4:30 when I just got the feeling that I just had to get out there and run! I even left a pile of unsorted mess on the floor beside my desk and just flew out the door to get home and change before dark.

The weather is GORGEOUS right now and perfect for running. We had a streak for about a month where it was uncharacteristically cold for coastal North Carolina and I dreaded going outside for weeks. Against fashion advice, I had taken to wearing my ski jacket (rather than my lovely, long wool coat) everywhere I went.

So, it seemed ridiculous and wonderful to go for a jog in shorts and t-shirt today! I went on a route that I thought was 3 miles, but upon gmap-ing it...I fell short. Which is kinda pathetic. There are more runs to be completed this week though!

4 comments:

  1. Little baby run is better than no run!!

    I totally skipped mine tonight to get a haircut. Whoopsies. Guess I have to run on Friday night now...poo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it out on Wednesday, too. First run after the half. 3 miles that was inspired by a "desire" to run. Glad you were out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when I WANT to run! I hope you are enjoying your workdays. We have Monday and Tuesday as workdays. Do you heart report cards? I don't!

    ReplyDelete