Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Cheating through The Shred

So I had to take 2 days off of The Shred before my muscles felt recovered enough to run without giving out. I put off this week's "long run," which was only 4 miles until today after school.

(Please don't judge me for using a Beginner's Half Marathon Plan even though this is my fourth 13.1...and for choosing the minimum mileages on each day.)

I had a really good run though and (due to heading out too late and trying to get back before it was completely pitch dark) it felt pretty speedy for me. I even decided to go ahead and forge through with Day 4 of The Shred afterwards.

Confession: I completely cheated and fast-forwarded through the warm-up (I figured I was plenty warm already), cardio (since I just got in about 40 minutes of running, I didn't feel that guilty skipping those 6 minutes), and cool-down (I'm on the floor now in a v-sit stretching out my arms to reach my laptop).

I doubt Jillian would approve. : )

6 comments:

  1. Shredding after a run... you're amazing. I think it's smart to do a plan even with several under your belt. It's always good to have a guide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I never judge..... I'm just trying to figure out how you Shredded after a 40 minute run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried Shred, but I've heard it's pretty intense. Kudos for you for getting it in with a run, even if it was a little less than perfect. It's the effort that counts. When you go all out, you know it, so don't worry. It all evens out in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never do the warm-up if i have already ran!:-)

    ReplyDelete