Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Monday, August 17, 2009

You can't always get want you want....

...but it is indeed true, that if you try, sometimes you get what you need. (Is that on anyone else's running playlist?) Maybe a little running break might be what I need (even though it wasn't really what I wanted) right now. After Thursday's mistake, I didn't run for four days and then gave up on my long run after 5 miles today. Lazy, I know, but I'm just not stressing about it. I've been on track so far and am jumping back on this week.

I appreciate y'all not cyber-bullying me and calling me a wimp. (Feel free to at any time though. I response to different styles of coaching.) The whole "365 Days of Running" is officially on the back burner, but still on the stove! (Let's revisit this goal after the marathon, perhaps?) I'm taking this opportunity to focus more on my overall health by getting re-acquainted with my long lost friends: strength training, nutrition, and cross-training. Oh, and my bestie, Jillian Michaels, of course.

So, again, combining the Runner's World Marathon Plan with Jillian's Making the Cut
, here's the schedule:

Today
Ran 5 miles
JM Day 1

Tuesday
5 miles, evening
JM Day 2

Wednesday
3 miles, MIGHT try morning before my teacher workday

Thursday
2-3 miles, right after work
JM Day 4

Friday
No Run (Seems like cheating!)
JM Day 5

Saturday
12-14 miles, first thing (Do NOT let me get by without this run! It's been busy, hot, and humid and I'm letting this week's long run go, but it cannot happen again.)

Sunday
Rest

3 comments:

  1. How do you like the Jillian program? I haven't tried it but have definitely considered it. Do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that you live in NC and are a teacher. Send me an email (balanceformere@gmail.com). I also teach and live in NC. I teach 2nd grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cool that you're doing a marathon with your mom! My next marathon is the same day (oct 18)- good luck!

    btw - don't beat yourself up if you miss a day. It's better for your body (essential, actually) for you to have rest and recovery days. :)

    ReplyDelete