Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Monday, April 27, 2009

I just think Google is great.

If you have not experienced Google outside of just "googling," you are really missing out. I'm keep on discovering and falling in love with new Google programs. There is no ever going back from Gmail email. I love using Google Earth when I'm showing my students somewhere new (or just around here because there is STILL some confusion for a few kids about what country/state/county/town we live in). And, really, what could be cooler (and possibly creeper) than Street View.

The relevant Google application for today, though, is
Gmap-Pedometer. If you do any kind of running/biking/walking/moving along streets, you will love this. You zoom into your town or area and then plot out your route and it will show you your mileage. Pretty amazing, right?! Well, I thought so.

P.S. This is not a paid infomercial for Google, I just like to gush.

No comments:

Post a Comment