A few other things that are bouncing around my head this morning...
- My love for the google brand grows daily. I, like many people, suffer from forgot-to-attach-the-email-attachment-itis. Yesterday I typed up an email and when I hit "send," this message popped up:
- I'm running my fifth half marathon TOMORROW! (I had said earlier this would be my fourth, but after some phone conferencing and past race reflecting with my mom, we have determined it is indeed number five.) Y'all, I haven't trained right for this thing. Life's been crazy, but I'm really sick of using that as an excuse. I have run up to 10 miles though and still felt great, with no soreness, so hopefully I won't embarrass myself. It's definitely not going to be the PR I dreamed of when I signed up for this race though.
- I am very excited about earning the next feather in my runner's cap, though: going solo to a big race! My husband and I are driving out there today to get the race packet, but he wasn't that jazzed up and going back Sunday morning for 6:30 race start. So, I've decided to go solo! My inspiration: On her 50th birthday, my mom got up, drove an hour, ran her first 1/2 marathon, and drove back all my herself. Obviously, my mom is hardcore and obviously, I want to be in the club.
- Weight loss for this race= FAIL
- We're getting down to the short rows in school now....only 8 days with the kids until spring break and I'm desperate for some teacher workdays! I have a wonderful class this year; they are not perfect and they definitely have their quirks and challenges, but I just love this group of babies. It's not really the kids that I need a break from, I just need a chance to catch up.
- I think I fixed our dryer! It hasn't been drying all the way, so I unplugged it and removed the exhausted tube and vacuumed the tube and instead the lint trap. After removing copious amounts of lint, it seems to be working again!
- It's time to go round up more sponsors for my 5K that I'm planning and I hate asking people for money. This is something I really believe in though, so maybe it won't be so bad.