Just to let you know- this blog is no longer active. I'll be keeping up my 101 in 1001 list until its completion, but will not be writing new posts. You can read the post below if you want the long version. Thanks for the journey to all my friends in the blogosphere!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

No, I Haven't Run Off the Side of the Earth

Or much of anywhere for that matter. I've been the beach for the past few days with my husband while he's been at a conference. I've been fanastizing for weeks about how much running and reading I would get done on that trip.

I did read a lot.

We laid out on the beach for a few hours Monday afternoon (after liberally applying 30 SPF) and I was disappointed that I did not appear to be getting any sun at all.

Well, I got sun.

I considered posting pictures of my red, scalded back and legs, but it's the kind of thing that makes you cringe. Tuesday (the day I had planned to go on a long run), I spent completely indoors, out of the sun, and ran one pitiful, painful mile on the hotel treadmill.

Though still pink, the sting is gone, and I'm going to try and squeeze in a quality run today(between cleaning this poor neglected house and baking three cakes)!

Oh, if you like cake (and obviously, you do), look at the beautiful creations made by my friend, Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment